Strategic Objectives for 2014-2017
Share programs and resources focusing on the abuse of older adults.
- Create forums to discuss and exchange knowledge about preventing the abuse of older adults.
- Build partnerships with stakeholders, governments, and organizations across sectors and disciplines that support the strategic goals.
Knowledge Sharing Project
The CNPEA Knowledge Sharing Project is a three-year initiative to support the exchange of ideas and resources among key stakeholders throughout Canada who are working to prevent and respond to elder abuse. Key goals of the Knowledge Sharing Project:
- Create mechanisms for sharing information about promising approaches in elder abuse prevention and response. This website exists to realize that goal. It is a national electronic hub for connecting service providers and seniors’ organizations. The hub will serve as a central point of contact for elder abuse information and resources across Canada.
- Increase the capacity of organizations and networks to prevent and respond to cases of elder abuse, by
- facilitating access to reliable information and key resources
- connecting stakeholders to each other through the hub