The Canadian Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse is the proud recipient of the Family Violence Initiative Fund from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. This grant will enable CNPEA to conduct a review of existing material and to add key resources on the Hub about abuse of older adults in a family context. These new resources, paired with webinars will aim to raise awareness and will provide important information for stakeholders, victims, and their loved ones, about the available resources, strategies, laws and law enforcement response across Canada.
As part of this project, the CNPEA Hub will deliver
- Stand-alone resources about elder abuse in the context of family violence, from research to relevant laws, and law enforcement activities and programmes in each jurisdiction.
- Two webinars for professionals working with seniors about relevant laws, research, current trends, how to report elder abuse crimes to the police etc. Look out for our webinars in October 2016 and February 2017.
Find all FVIF resources easily by using the list below, or do a search with the tag "FVIF"
Do you have information or resources you wish to share with CNPEA as part of this project?
Let us know what you think, your input is important to us.
Complete this short survey and share your thoughts on our Family Violence Initiative project.
Family Violence Initiative Resources on the Hub:
- CNPEA WEBINARS:
- Addressing Elder Abuse Through Partnership between Family Services and Police Services (Oct 20, 2016)
- Intimate Partner Violence and Older Women (Feb 26, 2017)
Supporting Older Adults to Create A Safety Plan (Elder Abuse Ontario)
- New Report: Family violence against seniors (Charmaine Spencer)
- Finances and Families: Financial Abuse of Elders in the Family Environment (Rebecca Borthwick)
- The Chief Public Health Officer’s Report on the State of Public Health in Canada 2016: A focus on Family Violence in Canada
- I Want to Be Free - Older Women’s Right to Live Independently with Dignity
- Family Violence in Canada - A Statistical Profile (2013)
- The National Survey on the Mistreatment of Older Canadians, A Prevalence Study (2012-2015)
- Family Violence Among Older Adult Patients Consulting in Primary Care Clinics: Results From the ESA (Enquête sur la santé des aînés) Services Study on Mental Health and Aging
- PRACTICE TOOLS
- Integrated Police Response for Abused Seniors [IPRAS] (Quebec):
- Practice Guidelines for implementing the model
- Online Toolkit
- The Practice of Intersectoral Teamwork between a Police Officer and a Practitioner from the Public or Non-Profit Health and Social Services Network - Practice Guide
- Bridging Aging and Women Abuse: A resource for service providers working with older women experiencing abuse
- Working with Older Survivors of Abuse: A framework for advocates
- Safety Planning for Older Adults - Keeping Safe in Unhealthy Relationships (toolkit for service providers)
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT TOOLS
- Building Community Bridges: Outreach to Older Women Project
- BROCHURES AND FACTSHEETS
Respect Aging (NFL)
Femicide of Women Who are Older
- WORKSHOP AND PRESENTATIONS
“What Will It Take?” (NWT)
- GOVERNMENT STRATEGIES
- Yellowknife Interagency Family Violence and Abuse Protocol
- Adult Victims of Abuse Protocols by the Government of New Brunswick
- FURTHER READING
Journal memberships may be required to access the full articles
This logo identifies Family Violence Initiative resources on the Hub. Look for this symbol and find other related tools by searching for the FVIF tag or consulting the list of available resources posted above.
- Next >>